Nigerian Institute of Training and Development
We are a professional body of Human Resource Development (HRD) practitioners registered in Nigeria to promote the science and practice of training, learning, and development nationwide.
The professional development activities of NITAD are aimed at facilitating the exchange of knowledge, skills, and experience for those engaged in training and development and at achieving better utilization of human ability and potential in business, industry, and government. The institute promotes international interaction and exposure of its members through a strong affiliation (by way of full membership) and co-operation with the International Federation of Training and Development Organizations (IFTDO).The Institute currently has more than 5,000 individuals and 200 corporate members.
The services rendered are recognized and supported actively by its patron, namely the Industrial Training Fund (ITF), the Centre for Management Development (CMD), Administrative College of Nigeria (ASSCON), and the office of Establishment and Management Services of the Federation Secretariat, Abuja. The Institute is also highly patronized by numerous corporate bodies in the private and public sectors of the economy.
The virility of both the art and science of Human Capital Development (HCD) in a country determines the reliability of its Human Resources profile in the face of continuous challenges of the advancement of Practitioners. The Institute, therefore, established the following Objectives.
- To promote the science and practice of training in Nigeria
- To promote a forum for exchanging and imparting knowledge skills and experience amongst those engaged in training.
- To encourage and sponsor appropriate research in the field of Training and Development and publish such findings for the advancement of the public education.
- Professionaleducation to enhance its members development and influence its environment positively
- To establish and maintain standards of competence and conduct for the profession.
- To maintain a register of membership.